woody_smith

Wood burner dilemma - Help please!

Woody Smith
5 years ago
Hubby has convinced me to have a wood burner and we've decided to position it between the 2 arches in the lounge.
The plan is to square the arches off to create a more modern look and then build a fake chimney breast ( to hide the pipe) and go up through the roof.
The dilemma is I would prefer a more traditional (square) stove with an oak beam over the top to make it look like a fireplace however hubby prefers the more modern cylindrical stoves but still would like it in a fireplace. As far as I can tell the curved ones tend to work better in a corner of a room but if I can be convinced otherwise then so be it.
The wood burner will be the central focul point of the room so we've got to get it right !
Many thanks for any offers of advice

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.