atz_r

Help pls:Mixed worktops w/ county kitchen & Moroccan-style floor tiles

atz_r
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi,

We are finally renovating our kitchen and would like some advice about installing 2 different types of kitchen worktops: granite and wood.

We have a smallish J-shaped kitchen and with a separate laundry room which houses the fridge/freezer and washing machine. The style is classical/country cabinet doors in cream/mushroom colour and neutral walls. We have Moroccan style tiles which we installed when we first moved in to brighten up the kitchen, and we would like to retain these (picture included).

For cost efficiency, we are considering brown or cream (can’t decide colour!) granite worktops across where the hob and sink will be situated and a dark wood across the 3rd worktop (sample plan attached).

Most of the pictures of mix and match countertops on houzz/Pinterest etc seem to involve an island Or breakfast bar, neither of which we have enough space for. Thus would like your feedback on:

1. Will differing worktops work or do they appear too disjointed in a smaller kitchen
  2. Advice on granite/quartz worktop colours that will work with the floor tiles.
  3. also any advice re: colour scheme for walls/splashback/cabinetry hardware/tiles would be appreciated. most of my kitchen toys ie food processor/kettle/toasrer are grey/black, and the hob/oven/microwave are likely to be grey/black so doesn’t really match with a traditional/country style kitchen!

Many thanks in advance

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.