cck900ss

Advice needed for Bathroom Renovation - Tiles and Colour Scheme

Chris
5 years ago

Hi all, looking for some design advice.

We're in the middle of a bathroom renovation, and to be honest it's turning into a real headache trying to decide what should be the best tiles and colour scheme to use. I take my hat off to any interior designers, as this is proving to be a major challenge, and a show stopper until it's resolved.

I see some of the projects out there on houzz, all unique and all brilliant. I guess we're just trying to achieve something with a 'wow' factor, if it's possible, without breaking the bank.

It's a reasonable size room; one studwork area will house a wall hung vanity/basin and loo. Another studwork forms the shower controls area. An aquabella slate shower tray is in place. A floor standing tap has been plumbed in for a freestanding bath. Two anthracite towel radiators provide the heating.

In the first photo, loosely laid in place are 600mm x 600mm anthracite polished floor tiles. They blend in with the shower tray, and are great at reflecting the light, but something makes me question whether or not they are right for the bathroom.

You can also see in the subsequent photo, we've even tried wood effect tile planks.

What colours would work with a slate shower tray?

Also, what tiles to use on the walls in the shower area?

Outside of the studwork areas, the walls will be just be painted. We've tried various shades of grey, thinking that this will make the bath and chrome tap stand out. But with the slate shower tray and (potentially) grey floor tiles, it seems like it could be too overpowering?

Thanks for your time and any advice would be very greatly appreciated.

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.