webuser_71660

Loft bedroom decoration

Tani H-S
5 years ago

Our master bedroom has finally been boarded and is now just waiting to be plastered (whoop!) Fed up of living in the box room and have so many bruises from walking into the bed posts ;o(

So....

I'm looking for some ideas on decorating this room which has a window on both sides (north and south) so should be quite bright. Where the bed goes opposite the window, will have built-in short wardrobes so the only freestanding furniture will be a dressing table area to the side of the bed in an alcove. (Pics will be posted shortly once I can get the workmen out the way!).

We have a recessed ceiling which I insisted was kept as that was something I loved about the room in the first place. It has gone a funny shape now though that the en-suit bathroom has been built.

Was thinking... painting the lower half of the room in a dark colour (rich grey or navy?) (should I add beading around it though to separate the slope from the bottom? It doesn't line up from one side to the other so might be noticeable if I split it too high) and the ceiling the same dark colour and the rest of the walls between, a white.

Either having white painting floors or a warm wood laminate (not a pale tone) - not decided yet as getting costs for laminate.

Was going mostly with a monochrome theme.

Comments (32)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.