happyme61

large room decor

happyme61
5 years ago
Hi, I have a very large rectangular sitting room split into 2 levels with a rail partition between both areas (10.5m x 4.5m). Oak flooring (medium light) throughout, 2 very large picture windows one on end wall and one on right hand wall. Doors to conservatory and one large window to upper level, double doors to entrance hall. At the bottom level there is a corner fireplace, which we will be setting a log burner on granite hearth with plastered walls and oak mantle above. I am struggling to consider a colour scheme being mindful of tying both ends of the room together without it looking boring. I love muted green/taupe/coffee shades. Any advice would be very welcome. I haven't got curtains up yet either! My furniture is mainly natural shades with one brown leather sofa and one natural striped sofa and an upright armchair (in cream/fawn shade). I'm not a fan of wallpaper, so would like to avoid if possible.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.