webuser_71660

urgent splashback advice needed

Tani H-S
5 years ago
Tiler is here and I’m not sure how to do the splashback behind the floating sink unit in the en suite!

To save on cost, we are only tiling the shower and floor and the sink unit. The tiles going along the splashback are 300 high x 600 wide. The taps are just a tad too high to fit into the whole tile as the outer casing means the top would be half on the wall and half on the tile (therefore not flat!).

So, do we do a lower tile to finish just under the tap fittings (so they are on the wall and not within a tile?) OR, do we add a half tile above the full tile so it sits right up to the mirror bottom and the taps will sit on the tile?

Worried it might look odd with half a tile as they aren’t like mosaics or anything. There is a wall gap between the shower on the left and the sink as per my drawing - all the way around the mirror and under the sink.

Help

There is a huge mirror above the sink t

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.