hapiak

Island .. Hob or a sink?!?

hapiak
5 years ago
Currently going around in circles with a kitchen design.
Run of units on a back wall 4400mm with a 2400mm x 1200mm island in front. Currently handless. The plan was to have the sink in the island and the hob central on the back wall.

Issues we see with this are..
- Back to room when cooking
- we can have nice high units along the back wall above a sink
- high units don’t work above the hob - need a powerful extractor and don’t really want to stare at a unit

My issues are I’ve just never been a fan of Hobs in islands ... they scare me. Possibly because I have young children. Plus the island will have stools along the back for breakfast area. I’m scared of spits and spills from cooking - it will be a big 5 ringed hob. Husband says an induction hob will be safest.

Another point is the extractor needs to be good so I thought straight out through a wall best. Plus extractor vs pendants over an island.

Am I wrong on the safety aspect? Is a hob better in the island .. my husband who does most of the cooking thinks so

Thank you in advance.

Comments (20)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.