gillirobin

help with kitchen layout

Gillian
5 years ago

Hi Houzzers. we moved into our house 6 years, the kitchen was very dated but I gave it a quick face lift never thinking it would last for 5 years but the time has now come to have a new one - yippee!!

We are in the process of talking to a builder to turn the manky mouldy porch area into a sort of pantry. Im not sure I can call it a utility as it is only 1 m wide by 3.5m but Im hoping to be able to put the washer in there and then a wall of shelving for general stuff and maybe tins. At the moment we have a butchers block island that I had made as part of the face lift but I always stand with my back to the window and we have a fantastic view of the valley so Ideally I would love to stand facing the window when prepping food etc. And I also thought about adding 3 narrow floor to ceiling windows it the pantry and the main wall but this doesn't have to happen.

My ideal kitchen would have some sort of island or peninsular but after measuring up the kitchen and reading about needing 1m space around it im not sure this is possible and that is where you all come in and hopefully help me out.

I have attached some pictures of my kitchen as it is now and the plan with measurements on and the plan after opening up cupboards and the new pantry. thank you for any sort of advice as Im starting to get excited about this project.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.