rjsteinitz

Mortar covering facia brickwork

Rebecca
5 years ago
I’m renovating a Victorian terrace house and am not sure what to do about the external brickwork. For some reason there is a small(ish) section of the front of the house covered with what I think is mortar. I want to remove it but our builder thinks it might be there to prop up damaged brickwork so removing it would cause more issues. I’m not so sure given that the previous owner did nothing else to improve the property so seems unlikely.

Just wondered if anyone has had any experience with this kind of thing? Am I opening a can of worms by removing it?

I really want to restore the front of the property to its Victorian splendour. Thanks in advance for your help!

(And sorry for the bad photo- will try and get a better one next time I’m there)

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.