eilidhr

Help with paint colour please! Home office/guest room.

Eilidh
5 years ago
Hello, I’m looking for some advice from the community on the colour to paint my home office/guest bedroom. I’ve ordered a grey (aluminium carpet). I’ve got three testers on the wall, I was initially inspired by Earthborn Polka Dot but for ease I got three Valspar testers from left to right on the wall Soft Shore, Paradise Found and Blue Nuthatch.

I’m reupholstering an old William Morris style arm chair in the Willow Bough Fabric (draped over an other chair for now). I’m considering shutters for the window as curtains block what little light there is. The chest of drawers/lampshade are going and the print can be moved too.

I’m wondering if the blues are too dark, the opposite wall is basically all doors into built in cupboards so would probable keep this and maybe the wall behind the bed in a white to help with light. I’ve been thinking maybe a yellow would compliment the desk/carpet/new chair but can’t quite find one I like or can get excited about. We painted our bedroom Dark Galaxy and love it so not afraid of dark or bright colours and of having a multicoloured scheme!

I want the space to be energising as I’ll be working from home and also relaxing for our guests.

Would love to hear any thoughts or ideas!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.