webuser_71660

help with utility spacing - had to change it!

Tani H-S
5 years ago

Not sure why the plumber didn't see this issue before, but our narrow utility off our new kitchen that I had planned has to be changed.

Reason is that the water/waste pipes can't go under the floor due to the base of the house being thick concrete and they couldn't core it out.

SO.

Now I have to put the sink and the washing machine on the wall side which has just messed everything up as I don't think it will fit and I also lose some low space as well as I wanted to stack the washer/dryer together but the boiler is on the wall above where the washing machine will need to go.

To recap ...

The Utility is being made out of the temporary kitchen and will be split as follows:-

Utility; - 2220 wide X 110 deep.

That leaves 75mm for a stud wall and then then behind the utility, the bathroom (which will service 2 x GF bedrooms) which is approx. 2220 wide X 1.8m deep. It's not big.

I can't really pinch anymore from the bathroom as the 1.8 also includes taking out about 200mm off the end as there is a gas mains box there and I can't move it etc so it has to stay. So it will have a 1.6m bath or walk in shower.

So my question is ... can I get a single sink AND a washing machine into a 1100 space?? Some trickery I can apply ?? LOL.

The tumble dryer will have to go on the opposite wall now as that is condensing so no external vent needed.

Photos show mock up of the original idea...

Comments (25)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.