peter_pool

Help with my ugly house

George
5 years ago

I have just bought this not so attractive 1970's house, I have always loved period and character property, however I was won over by the space and amazing views over sonwdonia !

The exterior needs a complete update and I would like to add a little character and warmth. I would like to remove the front porch and the dark dated windows have got to go. I am stuck with a not very attractive brown roof but I think I can work with it.

So I am thinking cream windows and a central front door composite or painted. I am really stuck with what colour to paint the house to contrast the windows. I really like the idea of a lichen or pistachio green ? maybe a darker green or even red front door ?

My other half is really not to sure about this ?

The driveway is a very worn concrete block print, this is a death trap when wet so also needs replacing with some kind of permeable brick as it slopes towards the house.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.