robsouthgate

Help with layout for my new home

Rob
5 years ago

Hi, we're beginning to think about what we could do with our new detached home (built in 1996). We've got two young children so having a great family space is paramount. We're thinking we'll do some decorating upstairs this summer, including redoing the small bathroom, and get an unvented cylinder. Would love to make the bathroom and smallest bedroom a bit larger.

Downstairs we want to convert the garage into another room, that can act as a guest room when needed. In terms of the rest of the downstairs we are thinking opening it up and possibly an extension at the rear. Would love doors across the back and potentially moving the kitchen to the rear. A separate utility would also be good.

The front of the house is south facing so we could make better use of that light (or add some windows into the sides of the house).

Any bright ideas? Budget for downstairs (including converting garage is about £65k.

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.