parmsuk

Rear wide and narrow garden design advise. Approx. 23m width

parmsuk
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi,

Recovering from an house renovation/extension we are now focusing on the rear garden. We are looking for some initial guidance on our back garden design which is approximately 23m wide. Depth varies from 8m to the narrowest of 5m to the large conifers which provide excellent privacy but without its negative points such as blocking of light in afternoon sun. These conifers depth vary from 2.5 to 3.5m!.

I have attached a plan with measurements of the garden and range of photos to hopefully give you an idea what we are dealing with.

Our criteria for the back garden is as follows:

1. Regain some depth or the illusion of depth when looking out.

2. Patio area for dining out with an area for both BBQ charcoal and gas.

3. A pagoda where we can have a fire pit and be seated regardless of the weather.

4. Easy maintenance

5. Water feature which can be seen from the corner window of the extension.

6. Everygreens but raised beds also to incorporate plants etc.

7. Afternoon - Early evening Sun area where we can dine.

Based on the pictures and dimensions what would the recommendations be to incorporate into our design.

Dimensions of garden (excluded the shed and hedge next to it as its pending removal).

Link to PDF or BMP plan for dimensions:

Garden dimensions - PDF

Garden dimensions - BMP file

The rotting shed and the hedge which is to right of it will be removed as it hides the corner of the garden which is full of rubbish!..Maybe a patio area?

Corner window, we want to have a "feature" that can be seen from here.

View from inside the house

Thanks in advance.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.