1stgarden

Dividing garden into areas

1stgarden
4 years ago

Hi everyone
So we're currently having our small terraced garden landscaped and I have a clear idea of exactly how I want it. All except for one part!
Working from the end of the garden towards the house:
We are having a 6 meter wide by 2 meter deep patio at the end for a private pergola (4 seats) and BBQ entertaining space (another 4 seater table (table is only 90cm width)).
In front of that is our 6 meter wide by 5.5 meter deep lawn (I have two kids) for them to run around on. The lawn will have a 1 meter wide border on right side with evergreens annuals and deciduous plants; mini trees, shrubs, flowers..
On the lowest left corner of this lawn facing the above patio will be a bench to admire said lawn, plants, water feature etc.
Preceding all that, attached to the house is a small 3x3meter patio (existing - we will replace in the future). It is this area that I am at a loss of what function I want to use it for.
We've got the casual seating (pergola) we've got the am fresco dinner spot (BBQ area), we've got the kids space (lawn) and we've got the quiet just thinking spot (the bench).
What purpose can this leftover 3x3m area hold?
We don't need storage so no sheds and I should mention this 3x3 patio area is immediately attached to our conservatory.. So whatever we use it for is on full view from the house.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks
Ps none of the above exists yet (except the 3x3 patio) we are in the process of hiring someone to put the plan from my head into the garden :)

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.