helabelalaw

is there anyway to make this an actual living room?

Bella
4 years ago

We recently added on a large kitchen/diner to our small cottage which freed up the existing kitchen/diner come living room. But I have no idea how to make the old room into a comfortable living space.
There's now 3 doorways, one being the main entrance to the house with no hallway, an open way to the new kitchen, and then a doorway down to the bedrooms. There's an Ikea kallax unit that ideally I wouldn't like to move as it's attached to the wall due to a toddler and hence the fire guard that also won't be moving.
No matter how much rearranging I do I can't work it out. I'm happy to get rid of the old grey couch but as of yet undecided what to get in it's place, need the seating, but the charcoal couch is a new purchase so will be staying.
Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. The main window is 6ft and looks out on a great view and gets the afternoon/evening sun.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.