design3586

Design Sustainability. What’s new about it?

New Build Star Vauxhall · More Info

I think that there is great potential to look at your existing space and see if there is an option to declutter it, improve fluidity and even prevent noise to improve your sleep. You can create a meditation corner or space to relax and disconnect and relax. Personally - on top of our priority list would be an art colour stimulation, which can create an ultimate difference in the room. In terms of material specifications, our eco-friendly library is becoming more solid every year.

When I was asked to participate at the House & Garden Festival as a part of the KLC stand with a goal to promote sustainability - I thought it could be a good opportunity to immerse in the latest trends and new materials.

House and Garden Festival show Olympia 19- 23 of June · More Info

I think that it’s become obvious that the interior design role is changing. We used to be an unnecessary extra - a way glamorous additional service to express wealth. Now it has become so much more in so many ways! I think that our latest projects demonstrate a new intrinsic approach about how spaces can make feel better, work smarter and even recover faster. We believe that sustainability is always an opportunity for change - so we want to continue to foster the growth of this value. We can do this with quality products, artisan know-how and responsible tailor-made culture.

For the House and Garden Festival specifically, we created an intriguing open sitting structure for visitors. We incorporated seductive, bright and optimistic wall colours which could easily interplay with other tones.

You will see that we worked with eco paint for the walls, natural wallpaper paste that is non-toxic safe and eco friendly. As a lighting statement we used Scraplights by Pad home. The floating chandelier was from recycled cardboard - an elegant installation that was received with great enthusiasm. I personally love this combination in different shapes that provides warm, intimate lighting with a very functional precision cut that is assembled by hand using non-toxic adhesive. This was an innovative, craft lighting feature that could be placed in any home.

The other great wall decorative items were provided by Maison Flaneur, our great source of inspiration when sourcing one of a kind objects. They spot talented artisans in local markets. Rattan Sun circle features are produced in Malawi with indigenous artisans - preserving their skills while creating the highest-quality furniture and home accessories.

The sitting area was upholstered with Chase Erwin fabric where the blue green ultra-suede not only added a cheerful and inspiring tone to the whole scheme - but as well is one of our favourite 100% recycled microfibre that is resilient for the heavy traffic areas.

Seductive bright stand 2019 House and Garden Festival show Olympia 19- 23 of Jun · More Info

Because we believe that environment friendliness is a priority with respect to people and the planet, we work every day to propose solutions based on the concept of recycling and recovery of materials. We do this with a strong aesthetic impact as well as long-lasting and durable technological components.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.