ahms40

poorly laid floor - help with dispute!

ahms40
4 years ago

we are in dispute with our builders as the floor has been laid badly. the tiles lifted along the threshold of three doorways. the tiles were lifted and a matting put down. then before the floor was replaced (1 week before) BCT who were supplying the tiles (because they were also found to be defective) went into administration. the builder is now refusing to replace the floor - except with a £2/tile tile.
we are concerned that the fault also lay the floor incorrectly. we have another area that has cracked in a doorway and sounds hollow underneath.
despite this the builder maintains floor is not failing. they will only replace with the closest match on the threshold area. if they replace the floor it's with a really cheap tile.
the house was purchased for £380,000 therefore a £2 tile is not acceptable.
I have attached some photos - which I think shows gaps in the grout under the tile that is still fixed

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.