webuser_71660

bathroom shower help - controls on entry?

Tani H-S
4 years ago

We still haven’t even started the bathroom yet as can’t face thinking about it and having to make decisions on tiles etc, urgh.

However I do need to decide on the shower control placement because the plumber will be moving all the pipes from one end to another and this will make a difference.

Photo is a mock up of the internal bathroom. The wall opposite the shower head will be a stud.

Options are to either go for a standard mixer shower with the bar controls on the shower itself

OR

Have the control panel to turn it on/off on the stud wall so you don’t get wet.

The shower will be 1600 long with a shower screen of 1100.

Are there any pros/cons to having the control panel separate? Ie having to keep walking to it to change the temperature when in the shower?

I know they are more expensive to buy than a standard shower but then it might cost us less not having to move all the pipes ;0)

Anyone recommend one they have that has a separate shower head which is handy for washing the dogs etc?

Comments (30)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.