shirinwright

Kitchen layout ideas

sw879
19 November, 2019

Hi all

I was wondering whether anyone could give me some kitchen layout advice. From the design i've attached we have a pocket door at the entrance (marked in red) and two sash windows that are roughly 500mm from the floor and 880mm wide. The outline in blue is a sky light and the pink/purple lines are what has been proposed.

We were hoping to have more storage space and i'm not keen on the idea of having a hob in the island. I do like the idea of having a L shaped kitchen in front of the windows that bends to the right hand side but I don't think that it will give us enough space to have a kitchen island. Is there anyway that we could incorporate a kitchen island? Perhaps by making it thinner? Is there a better design maybe that we haven't thought of?

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thank you