ara48

Kitchen Layout Ideas

ara48
2 years ago

Hi,

I have been reading through the forum and website which has been very helpful when trying to plan a kitchen layout. I think I am not too far away based on my own ideas and good practices I have heard on here. I have that uncertainty about whether to put a cooker on the island (How to ventilate, taking into account looks of hood) or a sink. I have settled on the cooker for now along with a prep sink on a fairly large 3.3m island.

The wall along the back will have the sink, dishwasher, either integrated full fridge & freezer or American style (undecided) in the corner and the remainder cabinets. The 2.4m length left of the island will have the ovens/microwave and 1200mm countertop space. The wall splitting the kitchen/family will hopefully be for a double-sided fireplace as well.

Looking to get the layout right so I know where to plan for services and then onto the finishes (I imagine will be more difficult).

If anyone has ideas on ways to improve or other considerations I should have that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.