ara48

Kitchen Layout Ideas

ara48

Hi,

I have been reading through the forum and website which has been very helpful when trying to plan a kitchen layout. I think I am not too far away based on my own ideas and good practices I have heard on here. I have that uncertainty about whether to put a cooker on the island (How to ventilate, taking into account looks of hood) or a sink. I have settled on the cooker for now along with a prep sink on a fairly large 3.3m island.

The wall along the back will have the sink, dishwasher, either integrated full fridge & freezer or American style (undecided) in the corner and the remainder cabinets. The 2.4m length left of the island will have the ovens/microwave and 1200mm countertop space. The wall splitting the kitchen/family will hopefully be for a double-sided fireplace as well.

Looking to get the layout right so I know where to plan for services and then onto the finishes (I imagine will be more difficult).

If anyone has ideas on ways to improve or other considerations I should have that would be much appreciated.

Thanks