somerton_27

Kitchen layout ideas?

somerton_27
last year
last modified: last year

Hello everyone. Hoping your projects are going well. I'd love some advice.

Buying a house and wanting to knock a narrow kitchen & side lounge into one room approx 6.60 across and 7.5 m at longest point. I have already had structural drawings done but am not sure how to lay out the new space. I want to bring maximum light and flow into the house. We are a small family of 3, I work from home.

Considerations:

- The kitchen has an old larder in the corner that has been repurposed as a toilet with a door to the outside but no opening to the inside. I'd like to bring it back as a large pantry cupboard with an opening into the kitchen, do you think this would work? It is only 800 wide by 1400 long.

- There is a very tiny under stair toilet in front of the space. As this is an understair space I can't quite picture it as a walkway to the kitchen-diner so have worked on the enlarge or repurpose plan.

- The new layout needs to include a loo and ideally a shower (for boots and dog) so I have included this in two different ways.

- We already have a 2000 x 900 dining table and would like to have a fitted bench made for it that tucks against the units

- I thought a glazed opening to the front room would be nice but wonder if it is worth the cost and space sacrifice?

- Would be useful to have my desk/ work area in this new space.

Would love to know which layout you prefer of the ones I've got in mind?

Thank you so much.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.