jennie_rawlins42

curtain pole advice please

Jennie Rawlins
4 years ago

Hi there all.

We have finally almost finished our rear living room but struggling with how we will fit the curtains.

Sadly we didn't plan ahead properly as wanted to put Roman blinds up BUT there is nothing to hang them from in the window space. 1860 house with new Windows in - all fitted and sealed but no wooden 'things' under the boards to screw into.

I have attached the first photo to show the space - approx 240cm internal measurement and 280 edge to edge of architrave. obviously while we were part way through the work (both not great at diy and too poor to pay for decorators unfortunately).

The second photo is just to show it's a dark, cosy room. I have a large, dark charcoal corner sofa with colourful cushions and foot stool and I'm desperately seeking a colourful media unit and sideboard or something. Lots of colours going on the chimney breast with gallery pics etc.

Ideally we need to cover the windows for warmth being kept in and privacy but can't fit blinds, can't afford shutters (!) and don't know how we can put curtains up on this architrave?

I have googled but not having much luck.
can I get curtain pole brackets tgat fit to the top of the architrave - as in the parallel to the ceiling top section? approx 1 inch deep.

Please can anybody offer any guidance? Thank you in advance.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.