ukamit

Should I make the open plan area bigger for a larger expense

ukamit
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi,I have 2 drawings for a home extension. One drawing, the original, has the current playroom staying as is with the rear and side extension added on.The newer drawing has a smaller playroom, but has a larger open plan area.I've been told it may increase costs by £10,000 as there will be a requirement for a portal frame. Basically lots more steel!So my questions:Is the setup right generally? Is there a glaring error?I'm considering keeping the door in the playroom in the original plan (currently with sofa on design) if I went with the original plan.Can a sofa fit in the original drawing easily? It looks as though the width is 3.7m that can fit in a small sofa, but is it too small for a family of 5?The new design with the larger open plan area means the loss of the play area, but means a sofa for 5 will fit in easier?? But, is it worth spending £10,000 ish due to the need of a portal frame.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.