lkk01372

Garden Design/Using a designer

Louise King

Having built a single storey extension we are now ready to have the garden landscaped and patio built. We have been recommended a garden designer who we have engaged and will pay for his designs as a design package. He has presented two designs, neither that we particularly “love” although there are elements which we like. We realise that we have probably left the brief too wide. We are trying to find further inspiration online before we have a review meeting. The garden slopes from right to left by about half a meter, is south-west facing. We don’t have an unlimited budget but appreciate that whatever we do will add value to the property.

Ideally we would like the patio to be flush with the bifold doors and are considering composite decking and porcelain paving.

For any designers out there, what things do you wish your clients would consider before engaging your services?

I am struggling to find gardens/patios on line with similar slopes for inspiration.

Any ideas?