webuser_5455839

Renovation Renovating a kitchen with difficult layout

Ingrid Fragått
3 years ago

My mother has a very old kitchen that she would like to renovate.

The kitchen is a separate room, with two doors and two windows. The windows are very low one the wall. That makes the layout kinda awkward.
Presently we have cabinets one one wall, and the sink and dishwasher in another corner, vis a vis the fireplace in the living room. The layout is alright now but the bench space is tiny, so we'd like to have more benches.

We were thinking about knocking down the wall to the living room and make it a diner, but one third has to stay because it's the chimney.

I would love some input on this. First of all the layout, solutions on the windows etc, but design suggestions are also welcome.

I'm sorry for all the mess in the photos, but we aren't exactly minimalist in my family. This is an everyday picture. And yes that is my mom.

Also, dont you just love the floor? ;)

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.