zaif_minhas

Advice on DIY wooden sleeper wall project

zaif_minhas
3 years ago

Hi there.
I have no previous experience in this at all and have just been watching tons of YouTube videos to see what can be done.

My plan is to have vertical posts/stakes cemented in which will sit behind the sleepers for extra support. I want them behind and not infront for asthetic purposes.

For extra support, i will have deadmen / t-bar supports which will be going in towards the drive and I will support them by connecting them all together.

This video explains much clearer what i want to do....

https://youtu.be/QFybIwCpsfo

I will have gravel at the base of the wall, inside, with also a perforated pipe for drainage. I will run this along the whole length and will come out at either ends where there is grass. (As shown in the video as well).

The wall will be around 1.5 metres high and we are thinking of then having resin for the driveway area and gravel for the rest but that may change when we are ready to do that part.

The stairs seen to be the biggest challenge. Do I secure each row with a stake? 

Just wanted to know if I am doing the right things.

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.