katastroph1c

Colour Scheme in a Bright Bedroom

katastroph1c
3 years ago

Hey!

So just to explain my situation here - I am a 16 year old in a room with a lot of furniture and colours picked out years ago. I'm planning to slightly redesign my room by replacing some furniture and furnishings, and repainting the walls (this is all with my parent's permission and with the allowance I've saved up).

However, I'm struggling to choose new colours. I will be keeping the current purple carpet, and I have built-in wardrobes and storage that are mint green/ pastel teal. There's also a large wooden trim that has a bit of the mint green colour in it. There a few posters I'd like to keep on the walls, which are predominantly pink and blue. Most of the current furniture/furnishings I've got are hot pink, and the wall is a candyfloss pastel pink. There is also a white desk with pink draws, and my dad thinks it might be possible to repaint the draws to another colour.

So does anyone have any advice when it comes to choosing a colour scheme that can still keep the room bright and cheerful, but leave some space for adding colourful decor? I was thinking more neutral like grey would work for the wall - so I could also make things more mature if my current interest in 'kawaii' (cute) things fades. But hey - I'm far from being someone good with colour theory. If anyone has suggestions, they would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance! <3

(Sorry for the quality of my pictures and the lack of an overall view. My room is very cluttered and I honestly felt a bit embarrassed showing all of it. I hope they're an okay reference. ^^')

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.