tammy_canavan_soldaat

Covering rough, old kitchen tiles

Tammy
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello! We are moving into a rental soon in the south of France. I took a few photos on our visit and I'm wondering what I can do, in a non-permanent way, to cover these old rough stone tiles. The kitchen is bare bones at the moment and they plan to put in kitchen units before, or just after, we move in (covid makes appointment times a bit delayed and difficult). We have purchased stainless steel appliances to place in there... a cooker, dishwasher and fridge. I would love to do something to cover the tiles to add some colour and thought of the peel and stick backsplash tiles, but I wasn't sure how it works exactly.

Would I have to use tiles the same size as the existing tiles, or could I buy larger sheets and cover. So, for example if I wanted to use a herringbone style, can I just stick it over these tiles or as you are rubbing to clean them would you start to see the dent of the shape of the existing tiles after a while?

Would love some advice! Thanks :D

Photos showing kitchen as it stands now, tile situation, and plan provided by realtor (although I'd assume there will be a sink in there somewhere and hopefully not that existing sink block). I'm pretty sure they are leaving the current exhaust unit rather than the stainless steel one shown in the projection photo.

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.