hannah_wardle

What colour/finish should I do on this table - my first project!

Hannah Wardle
3 years ago

I can pick up this table which I think has a lovely shape but has been restored with great care to detail but not in a colour or style I like. I will strip it back but then not sure on what colour to paint it myself. Seeing the before photos, I can see that there's an excellent quality piece underneath!

My style is contemporary country-ish, I love Sims Hilditch and Juliette Byrne, English Home and Period Living - smart but comfy.

I'm confident with building neutrals but I think I should anchor with some darks, no matter how it scares me! Maybe even black or a charcoal grey for some contrast against pale fabrics. In my head it could tone with a black wishbone chair or floor lamp. I also think the black would look nice against the gold feet & knobs.

I think it's either that, or leave it natural, though I feel the latter would look a bit too traditional or old fashioned.

What would you do with this table? I'd love to see some ideas!

Should I pick out any detail on the drawers? What paint finish? Should I artificially distress it?

Dark furniture working with light neutrals: https://www.simshilditch.com/projects/dorset-manor

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.