webuser_831929017

Mock Tudor facade improvements - help!

Clare N
3 years ago

Help! We have recently bought a 10 year-old mock Tudor house which we would like to make look less Tudor! We are changing the glazing in the windows to plain glass (wooden double glazing) and have thought about painting the beams a pale beige/grey (similar to the mortar colour). My questions are:

- would this go with the Cotswold stone detailing?

- would it look best if the windows were painted the same colour? And the front door? (windows are wooden double glazing, and we're going to replace the front door).

- we can't afford to change the soffits and guttering so need to think what colour to paint the soffits if we're changing the beam colour but need to keep the black guttering.

- what style of front door do you think would look best?

I can't find a picture now, but I've seen a picture of a house with white beams and a grey/beige render, and I've also wondered about this. I wondered if this would help solve the problem of the soffits as they could then be white which I think would look ok with the black guttering.

I've signed upto Photobox to try to mock up the options above but am struggling to do this so far so sorry I can only give you a photo of the house as it is now.

Many thanks for any advice/thoughts/experience? They'll be much appreciated.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.