samir_hulyalkar

How to fix the gap between tile and the cabinetry next to dishwasher

Samir Hulyalkar
3 years ago

We recently replaced our dishwasher. Unfortunately that has left a gap in the cabinetry below the dishwasher. We also found out that the tiling was actually done after the previous dishwasher was installed - which resulted in the tile being cut such that there is a gap of about 1 inch between the end of the tile and the cabinetry adjacent to the dishwasher. Please see the photos.

I was thinking of putting in a wood piece instead to cover the gap. And use caulk at the bottom for the small gap that remains. Please see attached photo.

Also I am planning to use a wood glue to connect the wood to the existing toe kick. I could also put a toe kick over the wooden piece, but was not sure if we can match the existing toe kick; so was thinking of not matching at all.

Any advice is highly welcome. Thanks

Comments (3)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.