suzyr

neighbour’s garden eyesore

suzyr
3 years ago

Our next door neighbour has an old wooden leanto against the back of their house which is a bit of an eyesore. We have a 5’6” fence but you can still see it looming above the fence when we look out of our family room. We have a climbing rose growing up, but as they won’t let us attach anything to the side of their leanto as support, the rose can only climb to the top of our fence. We thought of adding some trellis to the top of our fence but I’ve read that the law says fences including trellis cannot exceed 6 feet. We’ve also ruled out any type of pleached trees as it’s too close to the house and we’ve had issues with tree roots before. We’re open to any ideas. The rose is lovely but could move if required. Just fed up with looking at it.

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.