dan_buckland

Advice on treatments/blinds for awkward shaped, inward opening windows

Dan Buckland
3 years ago

We live in a dual aspect corner flat with large windows that have great views. When we moved in, we fitted semi-transparent sheers on a wave track to allow us the best views out whilst maintaining some privacy. However, this flat is on the ground floor and as the long nights are coming and we're going to be working remotely, we need a solution that will allow us to have the lights on at night without people being able to see in!

There are a few unique problems we have that are making it difficult for us to find a treatment option and fitter:

1. Because we're on the ground floor, the windows open inwards (and have large handles) that would likely rule out some blinds.
  2. The wave pattern sheers take up more depth than a normal set of curtains, leaving less room for another set of curtains over the top.
  3. The windows themselves are curved at the top – ruling out almost all off-the-shelf solutions (we'll almost certainly be going for something custom/bespoke)
  4. There's a cutout above the windows in the ceiling that also limit the space for fitting an additional set of curtains on one of the windows (see photos for some insight).

I'm really hoping someone can guide us on what our options are, as well as any companies in London (SW11 area) who would be able to fit any potential solution. My preference is for blinds, possibly cassette blinds, although we're open to any suggestions. I hope the pictures help with clarity – I'll do my best to answer any questions and provide more specifics if needed! Thank you!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.