josephine_scott48

How to decorate/furnish this through lounge/diner?

Josephine Scott

My new house is an ex LA 1950s semi and has the classic through lounge/diner (separate kitchen). This will need to function as a sitting room, place for the kids to play, place for us to eat possibly (I might fit a table in the kitchen, not sure yet) and possibly an office desk for me. The dark patio doors lead to a rather rundown conservatory with white tiles, which is staying for now.

I'm thinking about either solid wood rubberwood flooring or engineered wood planks, but that's as far as I've got! I love colour and my temporary sofa will be orange; I want a chaise sofa eventually. I don't particularly like the fireplace but don't want a wood burning stove either (too lazy!).