chris_martin30

Extending an existing loft conversion

Chris Martin
3 years ago

We live in a 3 bed Victorian end of terrace house in North London. We completed a side-return under permitted development last year - now we feel we need an additional bedroom. When we bought the house (2017) the previous owner had had the loft converted (2001), but only into one bedroom. Ideally - we now want to add a bedroom and en-suite to this (to be built over 1st floor bathroom. The current room is around 3m x 4.5m. Our idea is where the sink currently is, we'd add in a slim wet-room and toilet. In the new extension it would just be a bedroom/study.

Is it even possible/easy to do to add on to an existing loft conversion?

Would it be cheaper and easier to tear the existing conversion down start the loft conversion again?

Do you know the implications of planning permission needed? We did our downstairs under permitted development and went out as far as we can under this.

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

See images below (these are our plans before we had downstairs extended):

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.