ned_glasier

Square (ish) rear extension - kitchen/living room ideas

NG

We're planning on doing a wrap-around extension to the rear of our 2 bedroom ground floor Victorian flat. The bedrooms will move into the front two reception rooms and we'll have a 5.5 x 5m space for our living room, kitchen and dining.

We've been trying lots of ideas for how we might fit in a kitchen with living room, but none of them are working as well as we'd like, so I'd love to see some other options.

Ideally we'd like the kitchen and dining table to be nearer the garden, but the place the kitchen seems to work best is in the rear corner, with the sofa closest to the garden.

We're happy to consider either wide bi-fold doors, or smaller bi-folds with a picture window to one side.

The yellow areas are where the celing will be higher because of the wraparound extension. The ceiling will be fairly low in the other areas.

Very grateful for any inspiring ideas!