krazi_kate

Rear extension options!

Kate
7 years ago

Hello,

We are planning a 6m rear extension to our semi detached dormer.

We can't decide which layout with the kitchen would work best with the flow of the narrow house (5m wide).

With the kitchen behind the utility there is more space from the living room into the dinning room, with bifold doors at the back to let lots of light through.

However I like the idea of the kitchen being more in theiddle of the living and dinning so I can see what the kids are up to! It also means we could have more glazing (possibly sliders) on both sides of the extension opening up to a wrap around decking. Moving the utilities isn't top big a problem.

Pictures below, sorry I got abit carried away adding furniture!! Ignore large square in middle, was going to be a roof lantern but may have 2 skylights now on pitched roof.

Amy thoughts I would gladly appreciate!!

Thank you. Kate

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.