siann17

Help with positioning of false chimney breast!

Sian Nicholls
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are going through planning to extend out to the rear and side of our 70’s semi.

We currently have a lounge diner (come playroom 🙄) so we are extending out the back to create a playroom and family space and extending out the side to create a kitchen diner.

This will means we have one big lounge and I’d really like to create a false chimney breast and put in an electric log burner but I’m struggling to decide where to do put it.

I’ve included the plan we have for the extension and the idea of the kind of fireplace id like.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how we could configure our room please? Or know of any where I could get some interior plans with different options for layout?

thank you so much

This is the new floor plan with the living room. The window and gap to the extension could be flipped if it would work better:

this is the type of fireplace id like.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.