webuser_136125890

Utility/Bathroom layout

Trina Trina
3 years ago

Hi,

I would like to rejig our layout, specifically to tackle the possibility of a combined family bathroom/utility on the ground floor of our bungalow.

We are doing a loft conversion and part of the building work on the ground floor is to install a supporting beam between the kitchen and living room so we can open up the space and let light into the kitchen.

The kitchen was installed by the previous owner a few years ago so we are reluctant to touch this and so we are leaning towards a half wall separating the kitchen and sitting area (keeping the ground cabinets and removing the wall cabinets).

The kitchen houses the dishwasher, washing machine and fridge freezer.

The bathroom needs ripping out as it's a few decades old.

The boiler sitting in the cupboard outside the bathroom will be moved up into the loft and this is where I'm thinking about moving the washing machine to...is it possible?

If yes, may be we then remove the window in the bathroom and install a door so we have access to the garden to hang the washing etc.

Or extend the bathroom out slightly and move the bathtub to be on the same wall as the toilet/sink or under the window?

The living room to the right is currently used as a bedroom and the child in there will move up to the loft when the conversion work is done. This bedroom/living room is West/NW facing and is the darkest room in the house so any extension we do to the bathroom/utility would be small to avoid blocking any further lights.

Any improvements, faults, flaws or suggestions welcome!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.