george_wilson_852

Ground floor bathroom dilemma

George Wilson
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I really like this mid-terraced property but what fusses me was the fact that the ground floor bathroom's entrance is facing the kitchen directly and it blocks sunlight entering into the kitchen.

I wonder if there are any smart solutions to tackle these without significant cost.

I was thinking may be I can move the toilet leftward so that I can make the new bathroom entrance no the right hand side?

I was also thinking maybe I can build a conservatory on the right hand side of the kitchen to get more sunlight. Many neighbours have done a warp-around rear extension so it should be possible in terms of planning permission. That said I guess I will then have to remove the wall between the will-be conservatory and the kitchen? I probably will also have to relocate the kitchen cabinets and stuff?

Welcome for any expertise! Thanks a lot.

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.