Advice needed on designing around a gallows bracket

Hattie FG

Hello,

I've moved into a small Victorian terraced flat and the previous owner removed the chimney breast but needed to add in a gallows bracket to support the chimney in the flat above.

Any ideas on how best to design around it without it looking too odd? The wall is around 3.5m and I'd like to keep a sofa there (although probably change it for a smaller one) and ideally add some storage or shelving as space is at a premium.

Options, I think, are:

- Built in shelving around the outside, leaving a smaller sofa surrounded - Possibly a bit boxy?

- Built in shelving to the right, and adding a corner sofa to the left, which might look uneven?

- A single shelf on both sides, level with the bracket

Would really love any ideas! Thanks