jonathan_lightbody

Outdoor Lounge & Kitchen - UK

Jonathan Lightbody
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Is anyone within the community able to offer design inspiration for our outdoor Lounge & Kitchen please?

We're planning to build off the back of our garage, the building will include a large (single garage sort of size) store room, a covered patio area that includes a w/c, a bar and kitchen, a seating / dining area and an inglenook fireplace. The patio surface will be a mix of stone and balau decking to complement our existing patio areas.

It's planned to be 56sqm, (8m x 7m) flat roofed with large (1.5m x 3m) rooflights (was going to be fully glazed but we felt it'd get too dirty with the close trees).

Here is a pic of our house, the outdoor lounge is planned behind the garage in the top left of the photo. The initial plans and some sketches of current ideas are also attached....

We can't help but think it doesn't quite work as an internal layout so we'd welcome ideas from the Houzz community.

Here's the house & patio areas. Lounge/Kitchen is planned to be in the top left corner behind the garage.

Overhead sketch with initial layout idea, fireplace, living wall and curved bar.

Initial sketch with fireplace and living wall concepts, square bar.

Initial overhead sketch with roof lantern idea.

One design concept showing internal patio and decking mix.

Design concept with initial layout ideas.

Exterior view into the covered area.

Houzz picture of inspiration with wooden slat roofing and walls.

Thank you for any ideas you propose.

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.