daniel_mcnulty

Any inspiration for this open plan kitchen/lounge/orangery?

Daniel McNulty
4 years ago

I'll try and keep this brief, don't want anybody thinking I'm cheeky to be asking for design services here (we will take it to a designer aswell) but seen some really, really good advice posted here before so thought it was worth a shot! Any help really appreciated.

We knocked through a kitchen/lounge/orangery in a new property. I have uploaded some cigarette packet measurements here (in inches). We don't know where to start with the layout! We're stuck on this. I think we know a few things so far:

- The 2 bi-folds look out onto a nice outdoor scene, so wouldn't mind some aspects facing this way (if even from a distance)

- The sink in the way of the orangery is temporary, we'd be up for knocking this through - the idea is that the orangery is a big dining area

- We'd like an island/breakfast bar somehow in there?

- There's a chimney breast which feels like it's the logical place for a TV (it has the sockets etc.)

Again, any inspiration or pointers, or even big "don'ts" we would really appreciate.

Thanks

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.