kirsty_mcilear

To paint or not to paint....

Kirsty McIlear
3 years ago

Our spare room/part time office currently has a teal/petrol blue feature wall. I’m starting to feel like the one painted wall isn’t doing it for me and am thinking about going the whole hog and doing the whole room in the colour. But I can’t decide if the room will end up feeling gloomy and cramped.

The room is 4.4m from the door wall to the window wall and 2.9m wide. We’re in an old tenement so have the high 3m ceiling. It’s a south facing room and I currently use it as an office during the day.

I’ve attached pics so you can see it as is. (A bit on the messy side!) The desk, shelves and carpet are staying. I’m swapping the bed out for the one in the photo. The wee table in the window is going (and ignore the wagon wheel in the window 😂). I’m also good with upcycling the bedside table and chest of drawers - new colour and knobs maybe.

My dream is a lovely, luxe, jewel toned room....what do we think? Will all walls in the teal colour be too much for the space?
Any advice appreciated 😁

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.