webuser_16713319

Suggestions for modernising front of house

Ruth House
3 years ago

hello wonderful people,
we've been here 4 months and hate the look of the front, the kids call it 'the ugly house'
would love your help to decide which style of porch would look best. We will replace what's there with a larger more useful porch but can't decide on design, flat, pitched or gable end roof?
We will be replacing the windows (probably for grey) and would get new garage door also but unsure whether any render or cladding would suit the house to modernise it.
Also we face a main road and a service road so are very exposed and crave more privacy, I think we could have a fence placed on the side of drive not used for cars, about half way down (behind the existing front flower bed) with new modern flower bed. But hubby thinks that's a weird idea.
Any opinions or photoshop mock ups would be greatly appreciated as we're struggling to visualise our options.
thank you so much for your time.
Ruth

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.