webuser_799611416

Landing / Stairs balustrade upgrade / modernise!

Dan H
3 years ago

Hi all!

I'm looking for some advice and ideas from those much more experienced in home renovations / interior design to modernise our existing 1970s bulky balustrade.

I like the idea of black metal spindles with a grey rail, but wonder if this would require the removal of the entire balustrade? I'd like to perhaps keep the newel post's if possible and perhaps add a new cap to update the look.

To provide a bit of context, we are planning to renovate the entire house with a grey / light coloured theme with darker tones in certain places. The carpet upstairs will be a light grey and the ground floor with tiles or vinyl wood effect tiles also to be a light grey (to be decided!).

Anyway, it would be great to explore some ideas or get any tips from those who have replaced similar balustrades.

I've attached some pictures of the existing set-up.

Many thanks in advance.

Dan

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.