helenchristou1

Edwardian Semi - Exterior Help!

Helen C
last month

Hello. We are nearing the end of a renovation and have to make some decisions about masonry paint and window frames. All the windows are being replaced with new timber period casements to match the original and I would love to paint the frames a 'bit of a' colour - Hardwick White or something - but because the whole house is a mix of paint and render, I need to come up with a complimentary colour that would work on the walls. An off white leaning to cream matches on paper, but I'm worried the scheme is a bit 'country cottage' and a pale grey feels a bit cold and like it will date quickly. But I might be wrong.

Most houses on the street are cream/white/grey with white woodwork, but I so love painted frames - They just look so finished. Any suggestions or opinions would be much appreciated.

I'd also like a pale pink front door if possible.....

PS. Pic is a google streetview of nextdoor but one (big tree in front of mine but identical) from few years back so no net curtains - plantation shutters.

Comments (27)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.