lauren_elizabeth7658

Mezzanine in a studio apartment?

Looby_Liz
3 years ago

Hi!

I am in the process of purchasing a 7m x 3.8m studio apartment which has 2.8m heigh ceilings (all measurements are approximate). This apartment already has a 'storage deck' above about 1/3 of the apartment. I love the idea of having a mezzanine and would poss just lower part of the storage deck. but I have no experience with this or apartments that have this feature. Are the ceilings too low to accommodate this? I would use the upper space to sleep and the lower for poss seating/desk area or wardrobe? I have been looking on Tiny house storage/design layouts, but i am still unclear if this particular apartment would be able to accommodate this feature.

I am welcome to any and all suggestions, even if mezzanine is not possible!

Please see pic of the floor plan, the dashed line is where the storage deck comes too, its maybe about 2ft lower from the ceiling.

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.