emilie_begin55

how dark to go with paint? small, narrow office/guest room

Emilie Begin
3 years ago

Hi! So I’m about to decorate my office/guest room. It’s a small room - about 2 x 3 m, and it’s north-facing. It does have a large window though so gets a fair amount of light.

At the moment there are dark, warm brown curtains in the room that I’d like to keep, and the carpet is beige. I’m getting a white wall bed with an integrated desk. There will also be a white drop leaf table in the room, a black office chair, and a small black/brown drawer unit - see plan.

I want earth tones, so I got this bedding as inspiration. It won’t be visible most of the time but I thought it would be a good starting point. My question is, what colour to go for on the walls? I’d like to go a bit bolder than white/off-white, I quite like the shade on the picture with the bed on it, or I could use colours 1, 2 or 3 on the bedding (third picture). On all walls? Just one of them? Or two? I’m having real trouble figuring out what I should do. I don’t mind the room looking small - I don’t feel a need to make it look bigger - but I don’t want it to feel gloomy.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.